Monday, December 6, 2010

Mother In Law Forced Me To Wear A Girdle

Twice Gold at U.S. Nationals

Hello,

as already suggested last week, I sit now in the plane and have a 5 hour flight ahead of me. time enough to write a few lines about my first participation in U.S. championships.

It has for me began on Thursday with 200 yards documents. In short, 1:50,2 minute was below all expectations. I'm with the setting entered the race that just because there are yards, I can just sprint through completely. After 100 yards I got a receipt for it and I received. Nevertheless, I can not discourage me, because I knew I'm in good shape and not my physical condition at the poor performance was to blame, but tactical error.

On Friday, I mostly had to do. It started for me with 200 freestyle. 1:35,58 I could lie with a good time in advance and have qualified as the fourth fastest for the A final. Shortly afterwards, the 100 breast, which I have also mastered satisfactorily with 54.69 seconds. In the final I was able to increase to 200 freestyle once again a little bit and was fifth in 1:35,53 minutes, coinciding with Dominik Meichtry. The entire final was very close, so I missed only a half-second to win and only a tenth of a second to Ryan Lochte, the six-time Olympic champion from the United States. Shortly after the B-final was followed by more than 100 yards breast, with 54.71 I could confirm my time from the morning and was satisfied.

followed Following the 4x200 yards freestyle relay. The USC has dominated the season and brought with 6:22,19 gold, and I am a 1:35,28 swimming with a flying start.

That was my first title ever in national or international open championships. Kind of funny that the American title is my first.

were on Saturday for me, only the 100 freestyle on the program. Morning I missed in 44.06 eleventh by less than a tenth of a second the A-final, the B-final, it was then for me at 44.32 worse than expected, but I have not thought about it more great, because the 4x100 freestyle still awaited and we really wanted to win. After Vladimir Morozov, who led the squadron in a fabulous time (42.06), we were able to extend the lead over the other teams also won more this season with a new school record in 3:51,58 minutes and missed the championship record by just four tenths. My 42.99, I swam in the relay with a flying start, was pretty neat, and I am glad that my performance could improve on the B-finals again.

The balance of my first major competition in the U.S.: Season 2 gold, and a fifth place. My conclusion: I am very happy that I have disputed this competition. I could improve myself again, and I have made mistakes, learn from where I am. In the college championships in almost three months they will not happen to me. I've also seen the times of other foreign Freshmen and also talked with some of these swimmers. The also report that they still have to get used to the train yard. So, this phenomenon occurs not only with me.

love greetings from (I think I still fly over) Ohio

Dima

PS Here is the link to the page where you can watch all races


4x200 freestyle relay (lane 5)

4x100 freestyle relay (lane 3)

200 Freestyle A- Finale (lane 7)

100 Breast B Final (lane 8)

100 Freestyle B-final (lane 5)



I in "McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion in Ohio



The 4x100 freestyle winning relay (from left)
Emmett Walling, I, Vladimir Morozov,
Patrick White


0 comments:

Post a Comment