Monday, November 15, 2010

Add Cocoa Powder To Sun Warrior

My first race in the USA

Hello,

after three months in Los Angeles I sign still, as promised, every Monday and reports from my stay in the United States. I start the post with good news: I got this week for "eligible" explained! That means I can again with my College team training, and was allowed to swim the races on Friday and Saturday.

did not do anything you want. In "Duel Meet" against Arizona opponents have been strong, and ultimately trumps also deserved to win. But there is no shame in losing to a team that had obviously prepared for this fight and the training had gone down a bit and helped all of a "Jammer" during swimming. We got from our coach instructed to only swim in trunks, so we had a competitive disadvantage. There were many close decisions which failed, unfortunately, always against us. If one applies the few tenths of a second to the much better Swimwear from Arizona, we would have under the same conditions had a very good chance of the match to choose us.

But now to my times:

200 freestyle: 1:38,64

100 freestyle: 45.12

400 layers: 3:59,67

4x50 Freestyle Relay: 20.7 (flying start)

I must admit that I am a little disappointed with my results. Because of the power and the times in practice I had expected to swim faster. I do not want to look for excuses, but I still had the problem that we have made hardly a turn right and therefore almost always had to accelerate after the turn of zero, instead of using the momentum of the kick and to save power.

That is one thing that I definitely get a grip must be up to the U.S. Nationals. Nevertheless, I am really glad that I could swim that race. I was able to win many informative and important information for me and my next race. This will help me build a better base for the Nationals. In addition, I now have official times on the train yard. This is a concrete basis on which I will find my way now in practice and competition.

On Saturday we went to the Arizona State University. This event, we have clearly dominated.

My times:

100 breast: 58.02

100 freestyle: 46.45

200 layers: 1:51,38

4x100 Freestyle Relay: 44.8 (with a flying start)

In general, I find that the events are very intense. Such an event lasts exactly two and a half hours with 2x15 minute break. That is much less break than I'm used to my previous competitions. One can compare such "Duel Meets with the German Team Championship: You make a lot of fun, given that the overall result the team and not about the performance of individual athletes.

these events I will post an intensive training under competition conditions (for more, it was not) and see it as good preparation for the U.S. Nationals.

From the German Short Course Championships, held last weekend in Wuppertal, I have followed as much as possible via live stream on the DSV-side. Due to the time difference but I could look at a few races, the other results I got from the log. I have to say there were some great results with which we must not hide in the upcoming international competitions. I press my colleagues for the European and World Championships fingers crossed and hope that they will not sell Germany to the value. saw

Greetings from LA

Dima

So from the start bridge as I jumped in the final season as the last man into the water

0 comments:

Post a Comment